Friday, May 29, 2009

Poem

For english we had to write a poetry anthology... i decided to do one on animal cruelty and this is what it turned out to be. Not a master piece btw :)

I’ll wear my own skin

A blur of green on either side of me,
The pounding blood pushing through my veins
I dart, dash and dodge the flying bullets
I hear the splintering sound of a tree
That is getting shot at by the hunters
They are greedy for my exquisite fur
If I get caught they will skin me alive
The undergrowth gets caught in my antlers
As I make my fanatical dash for life
Why oh why can’t this cruelty end?
It is so pointless, can’t they see that?
Many animals die under the knife
For the rising fashion industry
This must stop, taking our lives is devilry

4 comments:

  1. *thumbs up*
    what grade did your teacher give?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't got it back yet, but knowing her hate for me probably something around 60%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it lea, If Jasper doesn't give you an A you know she hates you :P

    ReplyDelete